14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
A Clogged Drainage System Can Be A Terrible Inconvenience Especially If It Happens When You Least expect. This can possibly lead to hazardous situations such as flooding, air pollution and leakage because of stagnant water that collects in the drain. But it can be avoided, through maintenance.
A build - up of debris such as cooking oil, fruit seeds, grain, or intrusive mature tree roots can cause your drains to clog. Clogged drainage systems can happen in both your house and in the main lines.
Check Out These Fourteen Tips To Help Keep Your Drain Maintenance In Check
1. Use a plunger to remove minor clogs quickly and easily.
2. Once or twice every week, raise up the stoppers in your bathtub and clear out whatever debris is in the drain. Don't forget to wash the stopper before setting it back into the tub.
3. If You Suffer From Hair Loss, Ensure There Is A Barrier (Mesh) On The Plug When Washing Your Hair In The Bath Or The Sink Just as you prevent food going down the sink in the kitchen, you should ensure hair doesn't go down your bathroom pipes.
4. To prevent hair from accumulating in the drains, try brushing your hair ahead of a bath to remove broken strands.
5. Install grates over your drains to prevent large obstructions. When Cleaning Your Drains, Use A Bacteriological Drain Cleaner - One That Isn't Corrosive.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. An annual contract with a drainage company will provide regular inspections and servicing for your drainage system. Drainage Peterborough in Peterborough is a leading company that can provide such benefits. Educate your family about the benefits of maintaining your household's drainage system.
8. Avoid corrosive acidic cleaners. Which can be damaging and corrosive.
9. Your Drain Isn't A Dustbin. Don't treat it like a dustbin.
10. You must never put things like grease, fat, gum, food, condoms, pills and cosmetics in your drains.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. Use A Wire Coat Hanger Bent Into A Small Hook To Remove Build - Ups Bellow The Drain Cover In Bathroom's And Kitchens.
13. To avoid blockage caused by grease and oils, you should pour hot salted water down your sink.
14. This is not a comprehensive list, as there are many other things you can do to maintain your drainage system. Just make sure you don't use acidic solutions.
While these preventative measures can be done on your own, don't go overboard with excess pressure that might cause damage. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. If you are a resident of Peterborough, call the technicians at Drainage Peterborough, to restore your drainage system to pristine conditions.